Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Imbalance is disruptive

I haven't posted for a long time as I have been focusing on my yoga teaching and trying to develop that thread of my life.  I have been struck time and again in the last few months by how disruptive an out of balance condition is to so many people's lives.  My daughter went off to college this fall and hearing her describe some of her fellow students and how messed up their lives are just horrifies me.  Are we developing our childrens' lives with a solid foundation of balance upon which they can build a life of fullfillment and wellbeing?  Or have we acquiesced to our children's cravings and allowed them to move towards imbalance?  I suspect that there is so much ignorance about this subject that our young people are in trouble.  I pray that we can wake up to this opportunity before it is too late.

I went to a yoga workshop this past week called Yoga for Stress and I was pretty disappointed in what was offered just from the standpoint of scale.  The tools that were offered just did not seem adequate for the levels of anxiety, panic attacks, depression and more severe conditions that we are seeing.

Pink ribbons are everywhere to help raise funds for cancer research but as I look at it, it just doesn't make sense to throw money at a problem with the basic assumption that it doesn't matter how I pollute my body with inappropriate substances for years and years, and then expect you to be able to fix it when it breaks down into cancer.  

Let's see if we can bring the body to a basic stability and balance and then see if we still have these problems.  Let's start with a pristine and valued body rather than one treated like a trash can.  Let's hold the human system sacred and use some common sense about what is appropriate to place inside.  Can we bring the intelligence that resides in us to move from compulsion to consciousness in our activity so that we can control our lives and take responsibility for our future?

The very future of our human race depends on this.

Thanks for reading,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment