Monday, August 1, 2011

August the first

It's the first of August and yang force is in full bloom where I live in midwest USA. It is getting drier and it is very hot. This is a time to consume yin foods and liquids to keep the body cool. Swimming, cool showers, and cool drinks and summer fruits all help to balance the yang environment.

I spent the past week with my three grandchildren. They are 8, 5, and 2 in age. They are 100, 150 and 200 in decibels. They are lots of fun. They display many classic signs of out of balance conditions. I was noticing how the activity level would shift from yang to yin and back to yang again. My oldest grandson loves sports and athletic activity of every type. We played catch with the baseball every day. He practiced throwing the frisbee and went to the pool to swim. These activities are of the yang category. Yin activity would be sleeping, board games, visiting with relatives, etc. The little one would go, go, go until she just could not go anymore at which point sleep would overtake her. Sometimes aggressive, sometimes passive. She would swing from one expression to another.

They are very entertaining and I was sorry to see them go.

I look forward to our next visit.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment