Sunday, August 28, 2011

Violence and anger under control

We have discussed some of the basics of maintaining yin and yang balance. One of the greatest benefits of this is the reduction of anger and violence. Are you a violent person? Your going along just fine and then someone cuts you off with their car or says something critical and suddenly you are a totally different person. You just go off and explode. Has this happened to you? Do you feel like you are on a hair trigger? Many of us have had this experience and I personally have wondered where this anger comes from.

One of the things I experienced as I became more balanced was that this "hair trigger" feeling was gone. I was much less prone to impulsive reactions. I was much calmer and could accommodate other's behavior. If I did get angry, it was short lived. I was also able to give up my feelings of hurt. I was able to understand these behaviors in others.

I grew up in an abusive home. After I began to understand how excess yang and excess yin could affect peoples behavior, it helped me to understand how and why my parents could act the way they did.

Excess yin and yang are stressful for both the body and the mind. Studies have shown that crime can be significantly reduced in prison populations when balancing foods are introduced into the diet. When people are more balanced they are much less prone to anger.

Paranoia is another aspect of excess yang. It is an aspect of the tension that excess yang creates in the body and mind. Excess yang can affect us in many extreme ways. We need to recognize the indicators of excess yang and understand how to correct the situation.

How do we correct the excess yang or excess yin condition? Always correct to the middle. We will crave the opposite of what our condition is. But we must add foods in the middle to get the correction that brings balance.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment